Safety mission statement
Gosport Medical Centre aims to provide good quality GP services in a learning environment which fosters team support and wellbeing.
We are committed to operating a blame free culture in which staff and patients can feel comfortable to raise any concerns so that learning can be shared in an open and transparent way.
To help achieve this aim Gosport Medical Centre has signed up to the NHS Sign up to Safety campaign which was launched with the aim to strengthen patient safety in the NHS to make it the safest healthcare system in the world. In doing so we have undertaken 5 safety pledges:
- Putting safety first. Commit to reduce avoidable harm in the NHS by half and make public, our locally developed goals and plans.
- Continually learn. Make our organisation more resilient to risks, by acting on the feedback from patients and staff and by constantly measuring and monitoring how safe our services are.
- Being honest. Be transparent with people about our progress to tackle patient safety issues and support staff to be candid with patients and their families if something goes wrong.
- Collaborating. Take a lead role in supporting local collaborative learning, so that improvements are made across all of the local services that patients use.
- Being supportive. Help people understand why things go wrong and how to put them right. Give staff the time and support to improve and celebrate progress.