WE ARE NOW ALLOWING PATIENTS TO REQUEST BLOOD TEST APPOINTMENTS ONLINE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NHS APP FOR ACCESS.
TO ACCESS HEALTH ADVICE OR ADMIN SUPPORT PLEASE USE eCONSULT.
Who is it suitable for?
To use the NHS App you must be aged 13 or over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
How does it work?
Use the NHS App to:
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice and medical help near you
- view your medical record – securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register to be an organ donor – chose to donate some or all your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
Please go to the Apple store or Google Play to download the app to your smart phone or to use on your PC or laptop type in this URL:
Registering with the app will give you access to your basic information and allow you to book appointments where available, it will not give you full access to your medical record (not including letters yet) as the surgery will need to allow this extra step. If you would like full access please email the surgery at firstname.lastname@example.org
It will be your responsibility to keep your log in details and password safe and secure.
If you know or suspect that your record has been accessed by someone that you have not agreed to, you should change your password immediately.
If you print out any information from your record, it is also your responsibility to keep this secure.
See the appointments tab.
Each month we have a large number of people who do not attend and do not let us know that they cannot make their appointments. These are wasted appointments which delay others from obtaining appointments they may urgently need. Please help us by telephoning or cancelling your appointment on line as soon as you realise you cannot attend.
We now have a text message reminder service, so please make sure we have an up to date mobile number. This service was introduced to help lower our rate of non-attendance.